Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Jun 2011 09:28:28 -0700
From:         Daryl Christensen <daryl@AATRANSAXLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Solar Panel outdoor electrical connect
Comments: To: Troy <colorworks@GCI.NET>

I used the fresh water inlet and put a 12V DC receptacle in the lid. Used a marine receptacle with a fairly tight cap on it so you can plug in the "lighter" type plug from the outside. The solar setup doesn't have any high voltage OR amperage, so a generic 12V setup will work. After I used it for a while, I decided to permanently mount the 3 cells on the roof and ran the wiring internally so the solar keeps the 2 aux batteries charged at all times. Works well if you don't mind fishing the wiring thru the interior...

Daryl of AA Transaxle 425-788-4070 "On the cutting edge of Old technology" 86 Syncro Westy w/Turbo Zetec in the trunk