Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Jun 2011 05:28:13 -0700
From:         mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: I4 Happenings in turbovans land

Some people have had good service from their TIICO. I would not say they are crap, just that they have a checkered past. I would dare to say the same about most any conversion. Exhaust durability issues prevail. The conversions improved with time and further development.

It's great that you are happy with your simplest of inline setups, no PS or A/C. I don't consider 60k to be all that many miles though and you are on your second inline engine. I have put about that many or more on 5 different vans with wbx engines, all of which had 100k already on them when I got them. I also had an inline VW 5 for 10 years and 100k+ miles. Never had the engine out during that time and had no engine failures. Exhaust issues, yes. I have had a few vans with VW inline 4 diesel and turbo diesels too. Still do.

Mark

Don Hanson wrote: > Hey Gang... > > I am not touting the Tiico. I was passing on what has been recently said > by people who do own and drive these things. I lurk on their list, but I > have never even seen one in person, that I know of. > > Ok, so they are crap. If that is what the Word is, fine. > > I still like my own version of the inline four that has been giving me > great service and value over about 3yrs now and perhaps 60k hard traveling > miles and daily driving for work and pleasure. Mine don't vibrate. Mine > don't do nuthin bad. So dere! > > Any time anyone asks for opinions about conversions for vanagons, I will > mention my own experience with the inlines, and so far, I have nothing but > good things to say about the one I have. I have plenty of second hand > praise from other satisfied owners of similar inline VW motor transplants. > >.............