Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:37:13 -0700
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Trim for door underside?
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@gmail.com>

Hie thee to your FLAPS for some door edge guard - comes in colours too! ;)

http://www.google.ca/search?q=door+edge+guard&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Rocket J Squirrel < camping.elliott@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I was getting into the van in a parking lot yesterday, the door > swung wider than it should have and briefly touched the side of the car > parked next to me. As I climbed in, my weight drew the tip of the van > door downward, leaving a comma-shaped scrape in the paint of his gas cap > door. > > The guy who owned the car wasn't bothered, it had plenty of scrapes on > it. But if it had been a shiny new expensive luxury sedan I might have > been in doo-doo. > > The bottom edge of the door on my van is just painted metal. I wish it > didn't want to swing wide so easily -- other cars I've owned had > "detents" where the door could be parked in a partially-open position. I > often am using both hands to pull myself up into the seat so I can't > hold the door at the same time. > > Is there some kind of pre-fabbed rubber or vinyl trim strip that can be > applied there to reduce the scratch potential? > > -- RJS >

-- Jake

1984 Vanagon GL 1.9 WBX - 'The Grey Van' 1986 Westy Weekender/2.5 SOHC Subie - 'Dixie'

Crescent Beach, BC

www.thebassspa.com www.crescentbeachguitar.com http://subyjake.googlepages.com/mydixiedarlin%27