Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Jun 2011 19:36:06 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: toothpaste
Comments: To: ed donnen <spliced.surprise@GMAIL.COM>

Funny!

Birds are extremely territorial, especially with their own kind. In spring this year during mating season a Cardinal discovered himself in the mirrors on my van. He would fly at the image all day, slamming himself against the glass, squawking noisily at the competition and spraying feces all over the mirror and windows. He would attack the bird in both mirrors making a mess on both sides of my van. That stuff cannot be allowed to stay any time on the paint as it is acid and will leach out the color leaving spots and streaks. Short of killing him, I had to do something, then it occurred to me to put shopping bags over the mirrors. that helped. But he still saw a bird in the door windows ( I have a fairly reflective tint on the glass) and crapped up the door glass too. I cut plastic garbage bags and hung them out the windows and trapped the ends when the glass was rolled up, letting the other end hang down. over the glass. This did the trick. After a couple of weeks of of not seeing the competition, he finally left and didn't come back. I expect his hormones changed as did the season.

John

John Rodgers Clayartist and Moldmaker 88'GL VW Bus Driver Chelsea, AL Http://www.moldhaus.com

On 6/22/2011 3:24 PM, ed donnen wrote: > OK- now this is just plain weird. This may be a down side to cleaning > rust stain off with toothpaste. My Doka is in my driveway, and I went > inside for a while because it's too hot. A cat bird landed on my wing > mirror, then hopped/flew on to the cab top, and every other high > surface on the car. I watched this performance thinking nice > thoughts. Then I just went back outside. The *#$$()!@ cat bird > pooped ALL over my car, from every high spot. First cat bird,"did you > see ed's Doka?" Second cat bird, "Yep, I just spotted it!" > > ed- should I laugh or cry? > >