Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Jun 2011 22:35:51 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Remote starter switch mayhem (Funny -now)
Comments: To: TJ Hemrick <x53gunner@GMAIL.COM>

hi TJ, great story. ( a battery switch in a wheel well though .....???? Thought you were going to say the RV parked so close you couldn't get to it ....and also............mud/crud comes to mind. )

anyway .. two things . On an automatic vanagon of my own ... I rigged up a heavy duy auxiliary starter button on the dash right above the light switch ..nice spot there. I intentionally bypassed the neutral safety switch for two reasons. the neutral swithch was acting up .. and I wanted to be able to shut off the engine, in gear, like waiting for a long light in traffic... ( then turn the key back on ) ..when it's time to go ...just push the starter button and move right out in gear ... just leave the shift lever in D or 2nd ) ... a low tech version of modern engine-stop systems that save fuel.

the other item ....... I have a syncro gas tank . the whole thing, including sender. ( no filler neck though ) it's for a gasoline syncro. It is for sale or trade.

Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "TJ Hemrick" <x53gunner@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:57 PM Subject: Remote starter switch mayhem (Funny -now)