Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:03:18 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: the 5th seat
Comments: To: mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>

What about seat belt installation with these seats? how does that work?

mcneely

---- mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET> wrote: > You can swivel the seat all around. There is not enough foot/leg/knee > room for adults to be happy with it turned facing other rear passengers. > Kids can do it, assuming they are ones who can touch each other without > it causing a ruckus. I can send you photos of mine. I am packing that > van for the holiday so things are a bit messy. > > Over the years I have found these rare single seats for sale numerous > times in SoCal. I have owned maybe 8 of them, all purchased for fairly > cheap. I got this one last week on Craigslist for only $50 so I jumped > at it an hour after the ad showed up. It is meant for a family member's > van but I am going to use it for a little while first. Then I will paint > it black, install a grey front seat on it, put tracks in their 90 van, > and their newest family member can be strapped in safely, within reach > of the proud parents up front. > > Mark > > pickle vanagon wrote: > > I think I'm sold on the seat rail option. > > > > In this configuration, the middle seat can be turned around and used > > facing backwards sometimes, correct? > > > > Does this leave enough collective legroom for the passengers or does the > > middle seat effectively have to be used forward facing while driving? > > > > > >

-- David McNeely