Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 3 Jul 2011 12:01:45 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Odometer and trip counter ceased to function today
Comments: To: David M <covrambles@YAHOO.COM>

always lube the speedo cable from the top any time the needle is jumpy. you really need a new speedo cable likely.

I just got a long one-piece one for not much. Made in Brazil looked like. Works nicely.

the odometers on vanagon speedometers break often. you can read about how to fix it in many places online.

and you probably know not to 'zero' the trip odometer while the van is moving.

Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "David M" <covrambles@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2011 12:21 AM Subject: Odometer and trip counter ceased to function today