Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Jul 2011 13:17:13 +0000
From:         J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Harpies I
Comments: To: ed donnen <spliced.surprise@GMAIL.COM>

Ahhhhhh, yes life in the big city! If it weren't for a job I have been at for 32 years in the the DC area (no, not the federal government) I'd be sooooooooo out of this horrible area!! As it is, living in the DC area has probably already shortened my life by 10 years. And I have a company car, a 2010 PT Cruiser, it is just over a year old and already has 31,600 miles on it-all in the DC area! Sorry to hear about your troubles Ed, and I'm glad you weren't physically hurt. Over 30 years ago, my wife (before she was my wife) dragged me into DC to see the fireworks-I hated every freaking moment of it. To get a good spot, we had to get there at 10:00am. It was broiling hot with not a bit of shade anywhere in site. Going to the bathroom meant standing in a loooooong line at a porta-potty. It was a horrible, long hot day, and I vowed NEVER to go into DC again for fireworks. However, my own 4th of July nightmare-the annual fight over my daughter wanting to climb up on the roof of the Westy to watch the fireworks at a local display. I've had Westy's since she was 5, she is now 18. I have never let her get on the roof, but it doesn't stop her from whining about it every damn year. Then my wife gets mad at me because I won't let her. Every year it's the same....<sigh>

Jeff Stewart