Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Jul 2011 12:15:11 -0400
From:         ed donnen <spliced.surprise@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Harpies II

Night of the Harpies, Part II Oh, you still reading this? The odd thing about a really good G&T is that the alcohol goes straight to my fingers. When I try to type, "and I drove down the highway at moderate speed," it comes out, "andway Iway ovedray ownday ethay ighwayhay atway oderatemay eedspay." But I digress. Now where was I? Oh yes, "You continue west on 66 hoping to be pulled over by an officer (You don't have a cell phone)."

Officer Browning-Automatic: In due course your cunning plan comes to fruition and an officer in the local constabulary stops the pursuit and provides assistance by placing his vehicle between the raging harpies and yourself. Things now take on the look/feel like an episode of "Cops" (bad harpies, bad harpies, what you gunna do…). Officer Browning-Automatic repeatedly stops your narrative to tell the Harpies to get back into the vehicle and wait for him. After a short time other officers arrived and you attempt to tell your saga to each. During this discourse two mini vans pulled up in front of you and again you have to stop your tale as Officer Browning-Automatic goes forward to ascertain why they stopped. When he returns he asks one of the other officers to take their statements as both vehicle drivers were witness to the second attack on 66. We now have most of Arlington County's finest lined up behind the Harpy-mobile, all lights flashing. The Harpies are all out of their vehicle, two of them flat on the ground. The vehicle has all its doors open, trunk open, even the hood is open.

Hey, have you noticed you went from having a truck to driving a vehicle? It must be the LEO influence field at work.

The Rescue Vehicle: When asked how Harpy Prime sustained leg and knee injuries, you state you don't know. It could have been the first attack, the second attack, or just them walking out into traffic during the second attack, or not related at all. A Rescue Vehicle arrives and Harpy Prime is put inside for medical treatment screaming insults and threats, ing, ing, ing; officers assist with the containment. Harpy Prime is finally restrained by wrapping her to the gurney with Duct Tape (use 127). After a bit the Rescue Vehicle leaves with the screaming Harpy Prime inside. No need for a siren, just leave the windows open,…ing ing ing ing ing ing …

Epilogue: Harpy Secondary was driving on a suspended license (no kidding), occupants in the vehicle were "heavily intoxicated" (ditto above comment). According to Arlington County procedures, drivers exchange info, so now the Harpies have my name, address, and phone number. Oh brother! The above saga was true, only the names have been changed to obscure the facts. Final score- Truck 1.5, Harpies 0.

Post Script: This is the first time I have written in the Second Person. Maybe I am trying to disconnect myself from the whole incident.