Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 2 Jul 2011 01:27:47 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: transmission, small leak fixed
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>

hi Alistair, nice to hear that.

push staring in G or reverse ! reverse would be only if there was no other way .. going forward, you always use a medium high gear to make it easy on things. as you say.

short working time..yes. here, the half grease gun size is .. 14.95 US I think.. and I get a small discount off that, and there's no sales tax.

I had to take a pan and windage tray back off ( due to very poor vw crankshaft t-belt sprocket mounting design ) and thoght it might hang on really tenaciously.. and two layers to pull apart. but it came apart easily .. cleaned up easily enough. and it sure seems to seal very well on any clean dry surfaces .. and sets up fast too. I use it everywhere now. and. here's another magic thing about it .. I just stick a nail in the end of the tube.. then to use it some more.. pull the nail, it squeazes out just fine.

some things seal up so hard..you end up not getting at all of the product. and the Right Stuff doesn't do that at all.

one $ 15 dollar tube lasted me well over a month.. must have used it ...seems like 50 times as least.

'Recommended' is the rating, or Prett Highly Recommended.' lol. Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alistair Bell" <albell@SHAW.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, July 01, 2011 2:07 PM Subject: Re: transmission, small leak fixed