Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Jul 2011 19:53:37 -0400
From:         Jason <uberhare@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: My latest Acquisitions....

Thanks you everyone for the info on type4 aircooled motors. As I mentioned I've never owned one before and never intended on buying one.....

Anything to look for visually for the case "shuffling"? I believe the seals are leaking for 2 reasons. The van sat for awhile and the breather tube to the intake had became soft and collapsed. They weren't leaking when i bought the van - the valve covers were. I resealed the valve covers and then tubes started leaking on my first test drive. The case pressure has to be vented somewhere, then I realized the breather port was blocked. Hopefully that is all that is wrong with it. Compression is good and equal too across all 4. It starts and runs well.

The van is just intended for a east coast trip, then it will be for sale. Anyone in Ontario interested in a half decent 82 Westy in early September? :) It even has a new leak free fuel tank!

Jason Ewing