Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:15:28 -0700
From:         Daniel Rotblatt <d.rotblatt@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Is my Aux Battery Charging

Loren and everybody else -

Thanks for the clear responses, that's an easy check - I'll do it this weekend. My spare battery is good and does hold a charge, the aux that came with the car I haven't checked - I'm just assuming it's fried. I'll refill the cells that are low in fluid and put on a trickle charger to see if it charges and holds a charge.

So, If I understand this right, the way the stock aux system works there is a relay that connects both batteries when the engine is on (and thus both charge), and disconnects them when the engine is off (thus the aux battery runs anything by itself until it's dead). Is that right?

Dan Los Angeles, CA '85 Westy Weekender