Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:11:08 -0700
From:         Daniel Rotblatt <d.rotblatt@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Is my Aux Battery Charging
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>

On Jul 12, 2011, at 4:35 PM, Loren Busch wrote:

> RE: What's on the aux battery? > Your signature says you are driving a Weekender. If the aux battery is wired according to VW/Bently the only thing that will be on the aux battery is maybe a 12v outlet.

> The rest of the interior lights, radio, etc. will still be wired to the starting battery. If, when the aux battery was installed, a wiring change was made, then the accessories could be on the aux battery. The easiest way to check is after you have a good battery installed for the aux, with the engine off and the key out, turn on the radio and the interior lights. Then disconnect the ground strap on the aux battery. If the lights go out and the radio dies then they are running on the aux battery. If not then they are still wired to the starting battery.

Loren-

Yup it's a weekender. And nope, nothing attached as far as I can see. It was just the standard two cables to the two terminals - unless there is something attached down line. As far as I can see, it's an extra battery to jump the car - not even a 12V outlet (there is one on the passenger seat but I think that's hooked up to the starter battery). I've already pulled the aux battery; the radio doesn't work with the key out (never did, but as I said, I think the old battery is toast), the interior lights (door and florescent rear one) still work.

Dan Los Angeles, CA '85 Westy Weekender