Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Jul 2011 21:17:18 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: [subaruvanagon] Musing About Recent Trip - Too Long
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>

Hi, in that case. people may want to use a shifter extension .. there are ones that just make the lever longer.. and .. there 'were' .......like for old Buses, ones that extend aftward a bit. However I have never thought too much of that style as it adds a twisting compoent when moving the shiift lever, not a good thing exactly.

and ..in a vanagon ... how far forward the shift knob is in 1st and 3rd is adjustable. At the splines in the shift rod ( aft of the gas tank in 2WD vans. ) .. there is room there to change that length by up to a quarter inch. Lengthing that splined juncion would move knob know aftwards. perhaps an inch, in any given gear, with now other changes in alignment, H pattern etc.

in addtion .. the shfit lever is a little bit taller in 87's, compared to say, an 85.

Scott www.turbovans.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Beierl" <dbeierl@attglobal.net> To: "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 1:07 PM Subject: Re: [subaruvanagon] Musing About Recent Trip - Too Long