Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Jul 2011 10:07:43 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tires And Weight Rating
Comments: To: J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>

There is something not being told about those tire failures and it is even possible they were defective. The main reason that the Vanagon has special requirements is that the tire is too small to carry the load without having some extra strength. My 600SEL also runs extra load tires in a 235/55-17! Your 205/75 -15 natively have much more capacity than a 205/70-14. And most American vans and SUV run passenger tires unless they are 3/4 or 1 ton versions.

Dennis