Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Jul 2011 13:32:15 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Watching Oil Temp (long, as usual)

On Jul 21, 2011, at 12:41 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> wrote: > I also think 'lowest price mentality' is a pure waste.

So, if it's expensive it must be good?

> I mean what a waste, I get something at HF and I've wasted the time and fuel it takes to go get it, find out it's pure junk, and return it. I am miles

> and miles ahead to not even go there or take a chance on SOME of their cheap junk..

Remember that movie "Field of Dreams"? These sort of places apparently have a similar philosophy slightly modified. "If you build it cheap, they will buy it!" Stop buying their goods and they will stop making them. I just fi not understand why you keep going to the places where you say they sell junk! I buy zip ties, gloves, and 'disposable' tools at HF. 'Disposable' meaning tools I dont mind losing or occasionally damaging. Most of the products, I evaluate at the store and do not waste fuel taking it home just to return if it doesn't meet my expectation. For example, if you are buying a wheel dolly (the kind you put under tires to move cars sideways), how can you not see if the wheels aren't round?! For gosh sakes. Open the friggin' box before you buy the darn thing. I don't want to be sitting behind you in traffic on your way back to HF of your next return trip. Your Vanagon isn't exactly pumping pure oxygen in the air when you drive it.;-)

BenT <shaking head in disbelief>