Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Jul 2011 11:31:20 -0700
From:         Daniel Rotblatt <d.rotblatt@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Is my Aux Battery Charging - YES IT IS!

Well, I hooked it up the new relay and it seems to work. 0 volts ignition off, 13.7V ignition on. Got a yellowtop battery locally and sweated my ass off in the heat yesterday getting it to fit - cut off the posts and put it in sideways. I'm considering putting a wooden plate over the battery instead of the metal one - those contacts are close - but I don't know if there is 1/4" to spare below the seat. I put some packing foam and a piece of silicone rubber I had laying around between the posts and the top, and raised (hammered) some domes up on the metal battery cover plate over the posts to give them some more room...but I'm still a little nervous.

Dan Los Angeles, CA '85 Westy Weekender