Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:26:05 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Strange won't run issue ..was catastrohic  Failure
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@Q.COM>

I got the impression it's a Haltec system with a MAP sensor .. and may not even have an AFM.

I would go right to that low fuel pressure. if someone drives a waterboxer engine with a full time fuel pressure gauge on it.. and it's forever in the 32/34 range . and then it gets to the 12-15 psi range.. I'd sure think that would be a good place to start !!

sometimes.. people will say ...yeah, I know it does that..but it ran ok before like that ..therefore that's not it .. to which I say .. especially if you don't find, or know, something else to do .. Fix what you know is not right !!! for starters. scott turbovans

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Wolz" <wolzphoto@Q.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 2:12 PM Subject: Re: Strange Catastrophic Failure