Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:44:14 -0700
From:         Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Strange Catastrophic Failure - Not
Comments: To: Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>

On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 21:16 -0500, Max Wellhouse wrote: > It's catastrophic to me when it leaves me stranded somewhere; be > it a burnt up ignition rotor or a hole in the block. Having said > that, I sense a definition of the word coming shortly......

Funny you should say that!

Unless one of us drives his van into a city's central natural gas storage facility we're unlikely to have a Vanagon-related catastrophic event, which is "a sudden and widespread disaster."

A hole in the block might be a sudden disaster, but would not be widespread. Zombie infestations can be widespread, but are seldom sudden.

But if a bunch of naked pictures of (say) Ozzie Osbourne were unexpectedly released on the Internet, well, /that/ would be both a sudden and widespread disaster.

I hope this clears things up.

Pedantically yours,

-- RJS