Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Jul 2011 21:20:13 -0230
From:         Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Repair shop near Rapid City S.D.

*Here's what's listed on Larry's mechanics list - unfortunately it looks like the really good guy in Rapid City has moved away. I spent some time at his shop too - a lot of us did!

Good luck, I hope you can find someone to help!

Joy

South Dakota* *Import Service* 3280 W Chicago St Rapid City, South Dakota 57702 Phone: 605.342.3003 800.893.3003 ImportServiceLLC@aol.com

Owner: Rocky Stetler

Type Of Shop: repair Will Work On: VW / Import / Domestic

*Mark Hersh <markhersh@msn.com> writes:* We went to this address in Sept 09 with (what turned out to be) a noisy CV joint. The shop was closed and the business at that store front said Rocky moved to Alaska. Shop Rating: Excellent *Recommended* Report Date: 03.02.2009

*Larry Chase <roadguy@roadhaus.com> writes:* Roadhaus blew a piston ... Rocky and Mike rebuilt the engine after piston failure, installing new German OE Pistons, reverting the 2.2L Eurocars engine back to a stock 2.1L. Great attention to detail and quality of work. Fair prices and very honest. Total hours worked much more than hours billed. Really cared about helping get me back on the road with as reliable an engine as possible. Also, camped in front of the shop. Each night we pushed the Van out of the service bay and plugged into Rockys electric. Each morning we pushed her back in. Now that's service IMHO! Shop Rating: Excellent *Recommended* Report Date: 07.07.2006 Write a Review for this shop<http://roadhaus.com/write_review_old.php?shop=333> *The Monkey Wrench* North Helen Ave Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104 Phone: (605) 496-5745

Owner: Keith

Type Of Shop: Repair, Body, etc. Will Work On: Everything, they love old air-cooled V-dubs

You will want to call them for directions. It's a little out of the way.

*Paige <Subaquaticbombshelter@gmail.com> writes:* Hands down, the best. They have a shop full of beautiful old vw's. These guys will do anything from mechanical work, to full restoration it seems. I highly recommend them. Fair prices, and EXCELLENT work. I wish I could bring them with me where ever I go. Shop Rating: Excellent *Recommended* Report Date: 06.07.2011 Write a Review for this shop<http://roadhaus.com/write_review_old.php?shop=989> *Paul Kay Imports* 701 1/2 Lazelle St. Sturgis, South Dakota 57785 Phone: 605.347.6989

Type Of Shop: Repairs Will Work On: Aircooled, watercooled, vanagons

East side of town.

*John Hansen <jthansen7@hotmail.com> writes:* My westy's brand new Go Westy engine blew up outside of Wall, SD. Paul gave me a number for a tow truck. Then later he came down picked it up and put a new Go Westy engine in it within a few days. Then he dropped it off at the airport in Rapid City for my convenience. I had to fly back in from Minneapolis to get it. Excellent service all the way around!! Great guy!! So if your VW breaks down in the Black Hills area...call Paul Kay Imports! Shop Rating: Excellent *Recommended* Report Date: 03.28.2008 Write a Review for this shop<http://roadhaus.com/write_review_old.php?shop=783>