Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Jul 2011 06:18:49 -0700
From:         Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cargo net . . .
Comments: To: PJBerr <berr@rogers.com>

Peter may be right that cargo nets from our more hulking road brethren may possibly fit the hatch opening. I'm not one who visits dealers of such things, but I would not be surprised if their cargo nets came in packages that did not mention dimensions, only said "will fit Expedition and Excessive." Anyone know otherwise, or knows an online source for these things that might provide useful specs?

-- RJS

On 07/27/2011 10:05 PM, PJBerr wrote: > I would wager that some of the stock cargo nets found in Tahoes, Acadias, > Suburbans and that ilk might fit the bill straight from the dealer with the > addition of four D-rings. > > Just a thought seeing as they are pretty well made - the cargo nets - from > what I have seen. > > Cheers! > > Peter > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of > Rocket J Squirrel > Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:40 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: Cargo net . . . > > I wrote to Jonce (the awning guy over at The Samba) to see if he had any > inclination to make a cargo net to hold stuff away from the rear hatch so it > would not tumble out when the hatch is opened. He writes to say: > > Hi > > I have seen that post but did not have time to respond to it since I am out > of Town till the 1st of August. > I do have sources for commercial netting for all sorts of things and could > fairly easily make something up. I would have to do a time study and cost > out what it would take to make it. Using the existing snaps might be an > issue since it will have a negative pull on the stud. > Basically the angle is wrong for it to hold much of anything BUT we can > always install 1 lift a dot or maybe a lashing hook. > When I get back in town I will be able to post to the list and toss in my 2 > cents on how to make it work. > It should be doable and could also adapt to Bay / Eurovan as well. > You can contact me on this forum if you need to contact me but I can not > send to the Vanagon list till I am back in town. > C-ya Jonce > BTW > Feel free to post this to the Vanagon List if you like. > Thanks > > So maybe he'll feel inspired to bang together some functional item that a > few of us might find useful. I know I could use one. > > Troy: eggs before they are hatched and everything, I'm still interested in > what you're drumming up. > > -- > RJS >