Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Jul 2011 23:37:48 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: 88 Vanagon with Power Windows, No Power to Switches - HELP!
Comments: To: Robert Stewart <robertmstewart@mac.com>

your problem is almost certainly what Ken suggested a broken (or nearly broken through) wire in the driver side wiring harness at the hinge of the door.

The rubber boot should just be able to pushed off. The broken wire probably does >NOT< have broken insulation, so you won't be able to tell its broken just by looking at it. You'll have to do a continuity check.