Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 31 Jul 2011 23:03:23 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Power window disaster, help needed! (update)
Comments: To: David M <covrambles@YAHOO.COM>

conversion to windup windows is pretty simple. Replace motor and current regulator with the windup regulator. You have to pull the existing one out anyway.

Truth is, I find the power windows much more convenient than the wind up ones (I usually am the only one in the van, so this makes it much easier to get the passenger window down (or up) when I am driving…

Come on! Your van is 20 years old! (at least). These types of things happen on cars. Most cars are engineered with an expected lifetime of 10 years. And most people replace theirs about every 5-6 years.

It's our great community and vendors that allows us to keep these relics from from the 80s (and 90s) alive and functional.. and in some cases better than when new. I love my Recaro seats, my H4 headlights (or South African ones), and my subaru powered vans. Nothing else out there is nearly as fun or as functional as these beasties.