Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 31 Jul 2011 21:14:02 -0600
From:         Robert Stevens <mtbiker62@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: d24t volkswagen diesel
Comments: To: Timmy Evens <monkey_lips@YAHOO.COM>

On Jul 31, 2011, at 8:46 PM, Timmy Evens wrote:

> kind of out of the normal field of vanagon questions/comments but i know some LT28's had this engine so i'll ask. the girlfriend bought an old volvo with a freshly rebuilt diesel engine. 6 cylinder inline turbo. anyone familiar with this engine? myself and buddy mechanic cannot for the life of us find where the tachometer is being picked up. mechanic changed water pump and radiator recently and tach never worked after. can't seem to find what connection was lost. also: what's normal smokiness for this engine? its about 5k out from rebuild and ran hot when it was early in breakin and seems to be cooling but temperature still climbs when under heavy load. is this normal? > > thanks, > tim > > ps any diesel mechanics you'd suggest in bend area? someone to install veg-conversion kit? i bought a greasecar one and need to find someone to install as i'm way too busy.

Across the street from your Porsche Dealer in Bend, is a road leading up a hill. On the right near the top of that hill, is one of those building structures that houses several different kinds of businesses, and at the very back, is a VW/Audi/Volvo mechanic shop (you will likely see Vanagon's parked outside. I used Google Maps to find the Porsche Dealer (Carrera Porsche) on 97, and you can see the road going up to the 2 buildings, and the cars/vans parked outside, across 97 from the Dealer: <http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1045+Southeast+3rd+Street,+Bend,+Oregon+97702&hl=en&ll=44.03992,-121.3026&spn=0.001425,0.002701&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.956929,88.505859&t=h&z=19> VERY good guy there, at least the one I talked to. Very experienced. bob