Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Jul 2011 14:20:03 -0700
From:         Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Secret tune-up / service item on 1.9 waterboxer engines.
Comments: To: Mike Miller <mwmiller6@att.net>

Oh, no -- it's important to make up new words, at least two or three a day. And verbing counts.

-- RJS

On 07/29/2011 02:07 PM, Mike Miller wrote: > consensusize? > > I thought you gave that up? > > > On Jul 29, 2011, at 1:44 PM, Rocket J Squirrel wrote: > >> On 07/29/2011 01:12 PM, Alistair Bell wrote: >>> I'm a WD 40 fan. >> >> <snip> >> >>> >>> Last week I accidentally drove over a spray can of it that I had >>> left under the van. Stains the gravel well. >> >> It's useful tid-bits of information like this that make the cost of >> subscribing to this list worth every penny. >> >> -- RJS >> >> PS -- I believe it was last week when Scott said something to the effect >> that a good engine should easily create 10 psi of oil pressure per 1,000 >> rpm. THAT was in fact a very useful bit of information to me. >> >> -- Rocket J Squirrel, who is presently looking at the recommended oils >> chart in his 1984's owner's manual ("Lubricants," p. 54) and wondering >> what the right viscosity is for conditions where the nighttime lows are >> in the mid-40's (F) and the daytime highs are in the mid-90's. SAE 20-50 >> works down to the cold end of things, but does not to up to the hot end >> of things where the chart recommends SAE 40. And who is also fully aware >> that this subject was just discussed to death a couple weeks ago. Did we >> consensusize this matter already? >