Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Aug 2011 06:48:49 -0400
From:         ed donnen <spliced.surprise@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Flashing Light

When most people go off-roading they mean woods, desert, stream beds wet or dry, and other such social ecological interaction. When I take my Doka off-roading I mean driving down the shoulder or median of the highway, possibly pulling into empty construction areas. This is where the flashing light question comes in, or on. Two things that really bother drivers in my area: driving whilst on the cell phone and those printed graffiti road sign advertisements. Now in VA it is illegal to put those signs on the "public access", but equally illegal for the average citizen to remove the illegal signs as well. My solution was to join VDOT Adopt-A-Highway program so I can remove trash and signs where I find them legally. It's a good walk and I can drive my truck about my area looking Cool and doing some social good. As an aside, I have found a Bosh cordless drill in its case, a Dewalt saw in its case, a dollar, and the fact that at my age I can still get a fractured clavicle (but that's another story). Back to the question. Remember this was about a flashing light question? I want to install a light mounted on a post that will go on when I turn on my flashers. Buying a flashing light unit means the thing will flash internally, which will conflict with my emergency flashers if I add it to the circuit. SO, how do I, or what do I get, to make up a flashing light module I can put on my truck when needed and tap it into the flashing tail lights? Ed- just call me The Flash