Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Aug 2011 14:13:20 +0000
From:         J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Primer
Comments: To: ed donnen <spliced.surprise@GMAIL.COM>

Scott is pretty much correct on that, although I have gotten excellent results painting outdoors, it can be hit or miss. And rest assured, if you do get the paint applied and it looks great, then every flying insect within 5 miles will come land on it while it is still wet. I too have taken the auto body classes just to have access to the equipment, problem is at least 20 other folks do the same and there are always conflicts over using it. I read years ago in a car magazine that body shops will rent their spray booths-I tried that years ago and none would consider it, even when I offered $200.00 for 4 hours. I've also found working outdoors on extremely hot days to be counterproductive, with the sweat dripping down in yours eyes, etc. When I start doing sloppy work but think to myself "yeah, thats good enough" I know it's time to quit for the day. Jeff

Jeff Stewart