Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Aug 2011 21:55:11 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: grooves in outer part of cv joint--replace?
Comments: To: Mike South <msouth@GMAIL.COM>

all I do is check them for rotational play with the balls centered more or less, in the area they run in the most. if there is not 'a fair amount' of slop there.. I just grease 'em up real good.. including extra in the boot.. and definetly fill the 'bowl' of the flange with black moly-graph grease ( the stock specified grease is not enough long term ...really ) and rotate them to another position.. ideally .....so they drive the other way.

I believe the inners wear more due to running hotter, fwiw. I only use Lobro and vw-audi cv joints . Do what I have sugested here.. and you will not have any cv joint problems for a long, long time. Uprgrade to the better 12 points screws also.

scott www.turbovans.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike South" <msouth@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 9:24 PM Subject: grooves in outer part of cv joint--replace?