Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:58:27 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] Strange Herd behavior..
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>

You're right, Loren. For many, "camping" is just a way to access the entertainment they prefer. Some members of my family travel by "camping." At their destination, they check into an RV park or other facility that offers the amenities they want. Then they take their towed cars, and visit shopping malls, museums (I hit some of those sometimes when I'm in a place that offers them, but they are not on my list when I'm camping), souvenir shops, restaurants, take strolls, visit with other RV parkers, and so on. They watch a lot of television at the parks. Usually, the parks they stay in, mostly members of a network they have joined, are distant from the actual attractions, and driving is required to get to those. For my sister and brother-in-law, showing off their high dollar equipment is a part of the pleasure, and folks in their traveling circle seem to know each other by the model of their motor home. Two years ago, they took their RV to Alaska. We got all sorts of photos emailed back, mostly of the RV parks where they stayed, and the other folks who were in them, sometimes of the other RVs. One photo was of a bear eating handout food in a parking lot, and another was of my sister taking a dip in a park swimming pool heated from a nearby hot spring.

I guess what one calls camping depends on ones values.

mcneely ---- Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > RE: Campers Jammed Into a Snow Park > Don, I'm going to take a guess on this one. I'm betting the camping was > free in the Snow Park especially if you had a Snow Park pass on the > vehicle. And another guess is that the people there use the Snow Park in > the winter and just come back to a place they know. Their idea of 'camping' > just ain't what we think of.

-- David McNeely