Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Aug 2011 15:58:29 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Searching archives
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

Alistair, if I had the expertise and access to fix the archive code so that yours and others browsers would work with it, I would do so. We are our own customers, so I fail to see a "customer is wrong" in my suggesting a way around the problem until someone is kind enough to fix it. It is a free service that someone was kind enough to create for us. I hope you can find a way to use it until someone with both expertise and access fixes it. Dave

---- Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca> wrote: > well all of my browsers no longer render the page, and all are up to date. > > what do you suggest Dave? install older versions just to access gerry? > > No, the page coding should be changed, or maybe you can compose an info page to be served that will tell the searcher EXACTLY what version of browser and OS will work. > > Just think about it Dave, let's just say a commercial outfit did the same as the archives, that is serve up pages that the majority cannot read. Your answer would be that the customer is wrong. > > The wrench analogy is weak, a better one would be morse code. > > alistair > > > > > > On 2011-08-01, at 12:11 PM, Dave Mcneely wrote: > > > As another poster observed, browsers are tools. So, use the tool that works for a given function seems like a reasonable approach. Sort of like not using a wrong sized wrench and expecting it to work. mcneely > > > > ---- Robert Stevens <mtbiker62@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > >> On Aug 1, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Alistair Bell wrote: > >> > >>> Well, egg on my face. Must have been some magic in the latest updates of my browsers (all pretty well up to date), now none of them will display the archives. I swear that a month or so ago safari worked reaching the archives. I think safari and chrome both use webkit. > >> > >> Yup, mee too. I go there often, have been there in the last month 3-4 times, and today (just now) I get the blank page. Never before. > >> Something has changed ..... RECENTLY. > >> > >> Safari-Surfer > >> Mac OS X Version 10.6.8 > >> > >> Bob > > > > -- > > David McNeely >

-- David McNeely