Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:48:47 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: What would make you disconnect your front axle on your Syncro?
Comments: To: Shawn MacDonald <Shawn@SUPERIORSCAFFOLD.COM>

Syncro front axles don't just break. It takes a lot of torque or a really bad outer CV to do that. Why was the VC replaced? Was that problem solved? Are the tires matched? Normal VC wear is for them to gradually lose their ability to lock and transfer torque. Becoming overly aggressive causing locking and binding on turns is almost always a sign of abuse.

Don't rely on the driveshaft shop telling you the shaft is OK or balanced. Unless they can bolt up to the flanges on both sides and spin it at 4,000 RPM or more they can't fully test it. There are many things that cause this shaft to vibrate. BTDT too many times.

Dennis