Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Aug 2011 16:53:05 -0600
From:         ralph meyermann <ralphmeyermann@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Needing a part still available?
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

Sadly No I do not have one yet. I came home after work to find my 40' walnut tree up rooted and laying in my yard. Took my suburban into town to the body shop for the panels that Im copying and for a few sheets of paleling im using, 6 blocks from the shop my steel rear brake line blows out due idiot drivers and rust luckily I got stopped and didn't hit any one or blow through the busy intersection, after investigation at the body shop what my problem was I entered the shop to check progress on my westy, It hadn't been touched in over a week since I was there last and our trip is planned starting next friday and still the rusted out seam drivers side wasn't done yet or even prepped for primer and paint its been there since february !!! After my horrific discovery of lack of progress of body work I scrambled to repair the brake line, without the correct tools or parts available and an hour of effort I gave up called AAA I totally forgot to grab my bentley or the pieces needed to figure out the correct part number before the shop closed after I returned the tools borrowed in my attempt to repair the brakes. To top it off after that it took 5 hours to get myself and the suburban home, 3 hours waiting for the flatbed and not able to get the paneling material needed. I do need some help getting that part before the trip to do the best I can keeping my word to my 5 yr old daughter for the trip hopefully the bodyshop will have it ready for me to pick up tuesday tomke this possible. Yes i still need that part. Its the hose that goes from the gas cap asmbly to the steel fill tube 82 diesel westy thanks!!!

On Aug 13, 2011 4:36 PM, "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" < scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote:

hi. maybe you have one by now. I have those .. Might be able to deal with it during the coming week.,

Scott www.turbovans.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "ralph meyermann" < ralphmeyermann@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:07 AM Subject: Needing a part still available?