Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Aug 2011 18:27:41 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: DIESEL need rod cap nuts
Comments: To: mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>

The diesel rod bolts are M9X1.0 Thread pitch. The early non stretch bolts used nuts with a shoulder. The shoulder gets a ding to further lock them.

Dennis

Sent from my Windows Phone

-----Original Message----- From: mark drillock Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 5:00 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: DIESEL need rod cap nuts

AFAIK, the typical VW gas inline engines use a different rod nut, except for the supercharged Corrado which uses the diesel rod nuts you are looking for.

Mark

James Felder wrote: > Good point. I know that the diesel rid bolts are a desirable replacement fir the waterboxer bolts, but I know that the diesel bolts and nuts are a pretty odd size an are very high quality. > > Does anyone know? > > Jim > > > > On Aug 21, 2011, at 2:06 PM, "pat "<psdooley@verizon.net> wrote: > >> Jim, are the diesel cap nuts different than the gas motors? >> I always read that VW's inline is so stout that not much was changed for the >> diesel app. >>