Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Aug 2011 23:13:44 -0700
From:         Lanni <lanni.johnson@FRONTIER.COM>
Subject:      Re: pop-top won't shut
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

i DID change all the bolts, and that makes sense! i'll be out there at first light to see if that isn't the problem.

Alistair Bell wrote: > did you by any chance replace the hinge to top bolts? If they are too long they catch on the hinge. > > that's my first guess, all the other adjustments - hinge to roof fore and aft, hinge to top (front two bolts are elongated holes), strut to roof attachment ( elongated holes there too) and latch position would not, I don't think, cause the problem you are having. > > alistair > > > On 2011-08-15, at 8:39 PM, Lanni wrote: > > >> hello all, >> >> we removed our pop-top to paint and put on new seals and new tent. it's >> now all re-assembled, but the top won't shut. we've tried making >> adjustments to the bolts in the back that attach to the lid on the side >> and have some lee-way, but still no luck. we also tried adjusting the >> rear brackets that hold the pop-top to the van, but that didn't help, >> either. >> >> i figure with the new seal and new tent, there might be some stiffness >> in closing the top that wasn't there before, but at this point, while it >> closes to within an inch of two of latching, it will not latch. the >> only thing i haven't tried, is asking my 300 lb son to climb up there >> and jump up and down. >> >> any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated! >> >> thanks, >> thom >> > > >