Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Aug 2011 05:07:45 -0700
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Shameless Plug for  Westies at Watkins 10
Comments: To: Syncro List <syncro@yahoogroups.com>,
          "type2@type2.com" <type2@type2.com>,
          Eurovan Group <ev_update@yahoogroups.com>,
          "ohiovalleytribe@yahoogroups.com" <ohiovalleytribe@yahoogroups.com>
Comments: cc: "Emp_VW_Camping_Club@yahoogroups.com"
          <Emp_VW_Camping_Club@yahoogroups.com>

The countdown is on and less than a month away! Hopefully this is on your calendars! Please join the Empire VW Camping Club on September 23-24-25 in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of New York State for the 10th annual Westies at Watkins camping event. Discover the beauty of the glaciated area of the Watkins Glen Gorge and surrounding Finger Lakes Region of New York. Come and relax in this area and enjoy the area by hiking the gorge, biking, antiquing, shopping, wine tasting, and group activities around the campfire. Any and all VW vehicles are welcome to participate but a Westy campers are a nice comfortable option. NO RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED We have our own private (Onondaga Village) loop for the VWs in the Watkins Glen State Park. The cost will be around $20/night for this event.. Pay the Park Service when you show up and we should be able to double up per site to fill this loop. Electricity at sites is NOT available in our loop but warm showers and clean bathrooms are Full Moony Bus Club style - Breakfast burritos will be served Saturday Morning for everyone – Contributions are accepted by the Empire VW Camping cooks. Pot Luck Sat. Night - bring a dish to share. Event T-shirts will be available along with 50/50 raffles and door prizes. Sellers and swappers welcome! Optional Racetrack events on SUNDAY September 25th. - $15 for 3 laps on the world class Watkins Glen International Race Track http://www.theglen.com We will be able to drive our VWs on the racetrack for a few laps for some FORMULA “W” racing. (Formula Westfalia) Come on the track or in the grand stands to watch. For directions or more details and information on the campout and race track events contact Joel at jcort@rochester.rr.com or (585) 690-8145 cell Checkout the website for more info: www.westies-at-watkins.org Happy Camping, Joel Cort Rochester NY jcort@rochester.rr.com joel_cort@yahoo.com 89 Syncro Westy (VanGo) 87 Syncro Transporter (Stella) 73 Westy Campmobile (Agent Orange) Western New York LiMBO Respresentative www.limbobus.org Founding member of the Empire State VW Camping Club www.empirevwcamping.org Westies@Watkins X is set for September 23-24-25, 2011 www.westies-at-watkins.org