Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:04:45 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need Help with NLA Coolant Hose project
Comments: To: Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>

sounds good Ken .. and.. I'm sure you saw the suggestion to built a set for 82 DV's that uses the more available coolant pressure bottle. since the 82 one is NLA. I would suggest .. make a diesel vanagon engine hose set, that includes a later type - probably 1.9 wbxr bottle possibly ..or some common available bottle) and a simple bracket for the bottle.

gotta think for the future, and keep it practical and easy.

with 1.9 waterboxer vanagons .. I am sure you know in 85 there are two styles.. early ones that still have the smaller OD metal pipes.. and later ones that have the larger OD plastic main coolant pipes. I suppose start with the early version ..the smaller OD metal pipe version, since there are more of those vans around, compared to the less common late 85. Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Wilford" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:13 AM Subject: Need Help with NLA Coolant Hose project