Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:26:24 +0000
From:         J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: PSA- wear safety glasses when working with springs!
Comments: To: pat <psdooley@VERIZON.NET>

And when using a Dremel! Twice, almost a year to the day apart, grinding with my Dremel on my Vanagon put me at the eye doctors to get a small metal fragment removed from my eye. The second time I DID have safety glasses, but had pulled them down to get a better look at what I was working on-then didn't pull them back up-big mistake ( I should mention that I wear regular eyeglasses and I thought they offered enough protection-they don't!). Recently on the show "American Restorations" there was a shot of the shop owners 17 year old son grinding away on a piece of metal with NO safety glasses on. A few minutes later there is a shot of him, clipboard in hand, writing up an estimate for a customer and he IS wearing safety glasses! Guess there is more of a chance of that ball point pen flying out of his hand and hitting him in the eye than metal fragments from an angle grinder.

Jeff Stewart