Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:14:06 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Radio DIN for 1982 camper
Comments: To: Robert Downes <bobdownes@gmail.com>

Getting a little off topic with this sound deadening stuff, but yes, a diesel westy with a radio can use a little quiet. I did the same approach, I pulled the seat and purchased big industrial rubber floor mats. I cut them to go from the back hatch, forward over the engine cover, then down the slope of the engine compartment, across the floor under the bench seat and then up to the top of the front bench seat panel. I cut holes to get the seat belts receiving straps through. Now I have a completely rubber-lined under-bench storage and a heavy cover over the engine compartment. It, with a completely reconstructed snorkel and intake assembly, noticeably reduces the noise and increases the enjoyability of the radio.

Jim