Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Sep 2011 18:44:43 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Brake Fade
Comments: To: Edward Maglott <emaglott3@gmail.com>

Something is not right. You will probably have to take them apart and find out what it is. Maybe the rotors were still contaminated, maybe you got something on the pads during your install...maybe the pads never bed in properly and became glazed... Take them apart, you should find something pretty obvious..The pads could really be junk, too....I'd get a good brand pad...especially with an auto tranny and a Westie with a full load, you are asking those brakes to do significant work...they aren't the best to begin with and if the pads are 'sub-standard'....

Don hanson