Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Sep 2011 22:01:21 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Refrigerator lighting
Comments: To: Richard A Jones <Jones@colorado.edu>

And to reiterate, buried in one of my all too lengthy replies, was a comment I made about the metal tube that resides in a groove of the aluminum cooling unit.

https://picasaweb.google.com/musomuso/DometicPics#5348037090905729730

AFAIK, that tube should be held in place, in contact with the aluminum, by a short white piece of rubber or silicone.

This tube runs straight back to the thermostat:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ouAxe0DZn7M/SoJYYq7198I/AAAAAAAADrk/LOayktrpS_c/Dometic182Athermostat.jpg

Don't know the details of how it all works but do know that when this tube senses that the cooling unit is getting warmer, it (and the gas inside it?) works in conjunction with the thermostat and fuel supply to make flame bigger.

Neil.

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Richard A Jones <Jones@colorado.edu> wrote: > When this thread started I thought it was about the > interior light in the Vitris! > > Some observations: > > 1)  I don't recall any mentions of failure of the thermostat, > but that might explain his original problems.  If the > flame is always "pilot" and never full on, staying "on" > might be difficult.  To get a Dometic going, you want > the full flame.  Maybe thermostats never fail--or almost > never.  He might have the exception. > >

-- Neil n

65 kb image Myford Ready For Assembly  http://tinyurl.com/64sx4rp

'81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"  http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

Vanagon VAG Gas I4/VR Swap Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines