Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Sep 2011 20:30:23 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Headlight Upgrade Eilemma
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

I saw that comment too, and thought it was odd... both high and low beam current goes through the light switch...... that is 'the problem' after all. AND....that is 'running' ..with ignition key on and during 'normal headlights.'

Perhaps what was meant was that the "High Bean Flash Function" does not go through the light switch. That feature works with key off, and light switch off... and that would be high beam current that does not flow though the light switch I believe.

but 'regular' high beam headlights current does flow through the light switch, in all models of vanagon I think. It appears that the person who wrote that statement didn't have a clear picture quite.. it is a somewhat complicated circuit overall .. and not that easy to follow in the Bentley diagrams either..

And try it ..high beam flash function works with key and light switch off. I just did to make sure. Which is why.... when headlights won't work, due to a faulty ignition switch .. high beams still work by holding the stalk in the 'high beams flash position'. ..and that is current that does not flow through the Lt. Switch.

Scott turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <inua@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2011 7:51 PM Subject: Re: Headlight Upgrade Eilemma