Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Sep 2011 21:08:59 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Brake Fade
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

sorry ..can't resist.. I treat my brake pads , on the friction face, with Jack Daniels whiskey. Works great !

really though, I have never put anything, like Don says, on the rotor or on the friction face of the pad .. though I have no doubt such a thing exists.

Are we still playing with the same set of new pads here ? if it's not working well.. I would consider trying some low-metallic or semi-metallic pads.

still wondering if it's the early two piston design, or the later with one larger piston and sliding caliper. ....?

the brake hoses aren't restricting flow are they ? . very rare...but consider everything.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Hanson" <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2011 6:26 PM Subject: Re: Brake Fade