Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Sep 2011 01:33:20 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mutilated woodruff key at crankshaft
Comments: To: Paul <wognacious@GMAIL.COM>

A big question is who installed that pulley without properly tourqing it? That is the only reason for it to fail. I would try a new key and a Loctite retaining compound the glue it to the shaft and proper torque. Note that there is an O-ring on the crank that fits into that bottom space on the pulley to keep oil from working out through the pulley bore. Make sure it is there and correct one. I have seen the wrong O-ring keep the pulley from properly seating on the crank causing it to loosen.

Dennis