Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:04:50 -0700
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Source for Woodruff key
Comments: To: Paul <wognacious@gmail.com>

Paul -

That's because people out there don't keep track of supersessions that VW does in the system and many never make it to the aftermarket. Some ETKA's show it, some don't like the unreliable online version. It helps to have the original microfiche plates to look up these vintage "tid bits".

070 105 249 is the same as 113 105 249, Woodruff Key, Crank Pulley, doesn't matter which pulley being used.

Also fits Aircooled 40HP, 13-1500 1600 engines on a Bug. Available EVERYWHERE.

http://www.airheadparts.com/vintage-vw-parts/camshaft-rushrod/woodruff-key-crank-pulley-113105249 -- Jim Thompson 84 GL 1.9 "Gloria" 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" 75 914 1.8 "Nancy" Full Timing Since March 1999 oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com *********************************** On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Paul <wognacious@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm trying to find a new woodruff key for the pulley that mounts to the > front of the crankshaft. I have the V-belt pulley with the three grooves for > all the extra belts needed for  AC and power steering. I don't know if that > matter or not. I checked my favorite vendor, Van-Cafe, but they don't show > it in their inventory. And my FLAPS got me the larger one behind the one > that I need. So I'm still in need. Is it a generic kind of thing? The online > ETKA refers to it as a 6 X 9 with a part number that doesn't work for a > parts search. > Thanks for any help you can provide, > Paul > 85  WwW