Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:51:15 -0600
From:         miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Oregon Shakedown/Sweet Diana Trip Report
Comments: To: rocky-mountain-syncro-fest
          <Rocky-Mountain-Syncro-Fest@yahoogroups.com>

Got the new SVX in Fritz. Pushed it hard in the mountains last week prior to departure for Bend, Oregon. Lots of incentive, read : girlfriend lives there. Isabel (faithful hound) and I arrived safely in Bend, no issues, but when I slowed, crossing Bend city limits, an odd sound, a dangerous whirring hum.....damn. Still, I made it home to my girl, read : all is well, I'm a happy man. F%#ing beautiful girl full of love and joy...... Checked in at Old Volks Home, where they were more than welcoming and they told me I needed to see the boys at German Transaxle (as if I didn't know.) I was welcomed there too. They came out with stethoscope and explained the results on a tranny, in the shop. Shaft bearing was making noise and I was at the right place, which is not the norm for me, so I welcomed it. They had one built for me in 24hrs. These guys were professional and it was a fine experience all around. Beautiful, clean shop and were willing to spend any amount of time with me. I represented their customer base and they did not forget it! In the mean time, I had to make preparations for work, back in Durango. I was promptly covered and knew I would make the best of my extended stay in beautiful Bend, Oregon. The R&R shop, German Mastertech, was simply amazing and just as sqweaky clean as G/Transaxle. More restored Porsches, Mercedes and BMWs than you can imagine. Also, they store vehicles and the inventory was just incredible. They have a Vanagon mechanic, Jonathan, who did Fritz and has a Syncro Westy with all kinds of mods. I left Fritz in his able hands and went skinny dipping in Green Lakes and life was good baby! In the mean time, Diana kept me warm and happy just as I deserved and I did the same for her. Love was in the air like pollen........ha ha happiness! All the work was finished as promised and the sad day of my departure did arrive. I kissed my girl very well and hit the road. My drive was uneventful, if you don't count the crazy who had to pass me by running over the big orange drums to do it. He drove on and on, but he must have been itching to check the front of his Jeep Liberty for damage, though he drove on......the only thing that saved me was the sound of the crushing drums. When I heard them, I quickly veered right and he missed me.....damned fool on a mission, but I've been pushed by things before and I don't hold any grudges baby. I figure that was supposed to be mine, but all the good karma I've been accumulating saved my ass. We arrived safely in Durango without incident....yes, safe and sound, though I miss my sweet Diana........ Nothing this good would have happened in a Toyota.....nope

Miguel