Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:37:43 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tranny Whinning in 84 Westy?
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

right on John.. same thing applies to vanagons when there's a known issue of course.

I was a little surprised to get a call from a vanagon owner about overheating .. flashing LED ..the usual cooling system weirdness .. only to hear that after thinking there may not be a 'real problem' he took off for McKenzie Pass in Oregon .. which is very steep and unforgiving from the west side.. rather than just head home , which was about 3 hours by freeway..

but he made it ... but I though that was 'too bold' heading away from shops and safety and home, and up into the mountains, when he didn't find a clear simple problem that he knew was fixed.

but he made it home at least.

yeah..I have a favorite flying story about a guy under a lot of pressure to make a flight ..in Alaska. and even though a dozen people didn't like it , he said .. "this whole picture does not look safe or right, and we're not going. " and he's alive to tell about it.

that's a called the 'hardest maneuver in flying' ..the 180 degree turn. In my next life I'm going to be a Bush Pilot. if there's any fuel left.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <inua@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:05 PM Subject: Re: Tranny Whinning in 84 Westy?