Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Sep 2011 20:07:02 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re:      Friday-Incompetent Sears
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

One factor is how large the company is .. the sheer ponderousness paralyzes them.

Had this happen at my local Fastenall. I buy some stuff ...........it's $ 22.88 ...........some number like that. I wanted to keep things simple in my check register so I asked the guy if I could write a check for $ 23.00

"Nope...........our system doesn't have a way to handle that. I say ..'ok..........it's a tip then.' Sorry sir ...we're not allowed to take tips. I ask them how many stores the company has ... 3,500 . therefore...........they can't just be practical and reasonable, and evidently have a way to deal with 12 extra cents. To be fair ..their real target customers are companies that spend thousands per order. I also see one or two guys there doing nothing all day long, every day. But they are good for some fasteners ...just don't try to mess things up by paying a little extra. S t u p i d if you ask me.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Felder" <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 5:02 PM Subject: Friday-Incompetent Sears