Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:32:21 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Torque Specs - Lug bolts and nuts
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

you always bring things up in steps... like on head bolts. what steps are should be used is often specified.

the waiting overnight to torque 928 headbolts , could have been about letting the head gasket settle.. and not about the bolts so much.

were they stretch head bolts, or non-stretch type ?

but yes..always in steps, that's only logical and natural. especially when it's multiple fasteners in a group. like on a cylinder head say.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Hanson" <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:33 PM Subject: Re: Torque Specs - Lug bolts and nuts