Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Sep 2011 13:36:58 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Van won't run right - troubleshooting help
Comments: To: david hardy <david@PLANETMIND.NET>

I had something similar recently . It's always a simple easy thing to disconnect the oxygen sensor signal wire. Kinda always try that when there are heebie-geebies. It can't hurt really .. in the case of my 87 wolfsburg, it made it be able to run... and a new oxygens sensor as a next step made it fully happy again.

I am also very big on checking that the throttle swtich makes contact at idle.. as almost 'most of them' don't, that I see anyway. Thought that won't keep it from starting.

Consider Temp Sensor II for sure. I had one, on an 86 vanagon .. it was ok cold, but wonky hot. it could get flooded easily .. which is a no-start for sure. Pull out your plugs , or one or two at leat, next time it won't start and see if they are wet. if they're wet ....either it's flooded from too much fuel, or the igniton sysem is not firing the plugs .

a few things for you to try , Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "david hardy" <david@PLANETMIND.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:56 PM Subject: Van won't run right - troubleshooting help