Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:01:11 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Pan
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

I'd be cautious right off the bat about used parts from germany.

some I've seen have been very rusted and corroded, and pure hack work on how they were removed from the cars and vans they came from.

maybe this guy is different . I sure hope so ! actually .. I haven't gotten 'that many' parts for vanagons from germany or Europe. .. but all the ones I have seen ...........had things wrong with them. Every last one come to think of it.

And evidently it's a very harsh environment there for cars. I've seen, for example.........a gas vanagon 5 speed trans so badly corroded the ears to mount the shift linage on were broken and corroded off. Same for the last AAZ engine I worked on that came from Europe. pathetically rusted and not maintained at all. Had to re-do the entire engine, down to the bare block.

Be careful is what I'm saying.

----- Original Message ----- From: "neil n" <musomuso@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:35 PM Subject: Re: Pan

And if not them, IIRC, this guy has a good rep and parts:

http://vanagon.eu/

Neil.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Stacy Schneider <vwcrewman@gmail.com> wrote: > Vw classics has them brand new . Saw it last night. > > Sent from my iPhone >

-- Neil n

65 kb image Myford Ready For Assembly http://tinyurl.com/64sx4rp

'81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

Vanagon VAG Gas I4/VR Swap Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines